Tuesday 30 December 2008

and another year goes by

2008.

The one year in my life that as much as all the old things in my life has stayed,
it has been the most life altering/developing/learning year i think i have possibly developed in my entire 21 years.

I spend 2008 new years working. In the Swiss alps. In not the best experience ever i would say.
The internship that questioned my personal capabilities, my life choice, my mentality, my career choice and the internship that has made me cried in silent and to my parents so many times.


The Swiss Alps


but just as much, it taught me to be faster with my work, more responsibility, to keep it cool and the most.. is to have confidence in my own capabilities. and in the midst of darkness there r always kind souls that would look up at you and recognise what you can do. For this, Thank you Chef Eric. You rock and also gave me a reason to keep fighting.


As one part of internship ends, another begins and my life in Spain begins on the 2nd of April 2008 for another three months internship. I braved a foreign unknown country I have never visited, know nothing about the language and know nobody.


Paella is yummy!


But i learn. I made it feel like home. Shone and did well in my job. Met nice people. Learn some spanish. and daddy visited me. And it makes me happy to see my daddy proud of me, proud of the person I have become. Because he sees that I've grown up.

But I think the most comforting thing is that he could see,
I am not afraid to be alone anymore. Learning to love only your own company is not something anyone can just learn.

Not like my own definition of who I was before. I told mummy i'm like a fried tofu.
Hard on the Outside! soft on the inside.


tofu


Its not a road that everyone wants to walk down or have the chance or a road that can be handled by all. But the results at the end of it, its fulfilling.

I've learned how to travel on my own. And not be afraid. Of course its different but its more carefree all the same.

I explored Madrid all on my own. I lived there for three months. I took my time. And brought my daddy around too after.


Ventas, the bullfighting ring


Trying to look like a matador


Palacio de Madrid


On a random four days off I decided to hit Barcelona. Bought an airticket. My first trip on my own for real. I did my research and I covered Barcelona pretty well if I would say so!

Font de Montjuic


La Rambla


Sagrada Familia


In 2008 I also hit London, Dublin and Rome.

Not that many but still quite a number. =D

London all on my own, I met up w Jessie in Dublin and Rome was with a bunch of uni frens.

Bottomline. AWESOME.


I covered almost all the hot tourist spots in London in 2 days. And even managed time for shopping.

The Big Ben


Buckingham Palace


The Best musical ever. Avenue Q.


I'm going to Hogwarts!


and Dublin City. I wished I could have seen more of the Ireland that Ireland has to offer.


Trinity College


What you must not miss in Ireland


And the other irish famous thing!


and to Rome! Italy, the country I've always wanted to visit.. It was a fun trip but its sad to say Rome was not as fantastic as I expected. Nevertheless, I somehow became a tour guide, managed to get all my friends to cover many spots in Rome. We just spend abit too much on the food. -.-"


The colosseum


The famous Trevi Fountain


The Vatican City


and the attempt to meet the pope


I made plenty of new friends this semester which made it so different from the previous one. This was so much more enjoyable.


Friends


I learned to be more carefree. Loving. expressive. Independent.



and I finally came back home to Malaysia after 1 year and 4 months.


Thats where my country is!


See my family again. ♥


Of course 2008 wasn't all the cherry and lovely.

I had my heartbreaks.



Cried so many times on my own.

Kept trying to salvage relationships that has a blurred future.

Having to have not one but two "open relationships" was apparently the situation I have put myself in.

And when it hurts so bad to hear that you are currently perhaps in the situation that seems like you are goin to see someone (i'm not tryin to make it complicated that was kinda how he seems to hv told me). But i'm happy that we got over that part. But sad that fate has been very unfair to us. constantly. =( I don't think I've to tell you, but u know it yourself that u are so very dear to me. For you, I still have yet to find the strength to give up that hope. Not just yet.

But as the year draws close,

I've decided that one of the two of you has been my biggest dissapointment yet. I don't need any words from you. Your actions are clear enough. I've had enough for real. This time is goodbye. And anyway after this I do not know when I will ever be back again to Malaysia. So much for your words of missing me and I'm back for short 6 weeks so far I've meet you only 3 times. But I'm not going to feel sorry that I've wasted time because just like a line i've read before,

"time we enjoy wasting is not wasted"

Well not everything was all that enjoyable but we have apparently felt like we had good memories together. There was the past but now its time to move on.

I guess now i'm down to one. Easier to think.

2008 changed my life. It started with a heartbreaking time. And boy, does it end on the same note. Only for different reasons.

Welcome 2009. It would be I can see another challenging year.

2009. the year of..

Graduation.

Out into the working world.

Watch out 2009!!


Happy new year everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

is guinness your favourite beer?

YilingL said...

kam i think ur year has been very interesting! very envious of your traveling... i can only wish to do the same. sigh....